Saturday, August 22, 2020

Finally Some Rain

 I saw the storm warning crawling across my TV screen so I decided to go out to see what the sky looked like.  It definitely looked like a storm was building up.





























About an hour later I started to see the lightning lighting up the sky and I could see that the wind was blowing.  This time I stepped out on the balcony to watch the lightning.  And luckily, I was able to catch another lightning shot.  Then it started to rain and it rained for the next hour.  Reports say it was only an inch but in the desert, every little bit helps.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Spectacular photo's!

William Kendall said...

Amazing lightning.

Andy said...

Well done Sharon. You are getting real good a photographing the lighting. ⚡

Travel said...

Great images, such a pretty landscape.

Catarina said...

That is a good shot.

RedPat said...

I think I jump every time lightning appears so will probably never catch a pic of it! ;-)

Steve Reed said...

What a weird sky! And good job on the lightning shot. An inch of rain in the desert is probably not insignificant.

Bill said...

Another great lightning shot, well done Sharon.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful lightning shot. Not an easy thing to capture on camera!

Catalyst said...

Up here the rain clouds drop only a few drops on my neighborhood. Now, just watch. Since I've said that we'll probably get a storm later today.

Revrunner said...

Awesome!