Sunday, August 16, 2020

Construction All Around


I took a drive downtown yesterday to photograph a new mural I had heard about.  I'll show you the mural tomorrow.

I didn't expect to see so much construction going on in the downtown area.  I could see construction cranes in every direction.  This one to the left really fascinated me.  Look how high it is.  That makes me wonder just how tall that building is going to be.






















I zoomed in on the crane operator cabin.  Just imagine working from way up there in a box hanging off the side that steel tower.  That is not a job for me!  With employment at an all-time low and the economy in a free-fall, it seemed strange to see all this construction going on.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Remember all those slides I found recently and scanned?  My post today is about Bruges Belgium a place I'd love to return to some day.  I'm so glad I found those photos!

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Must feel scary to work so high up there! Nothing for me...

Sami said...

I wouldn't like to work at those heights either. Something big is coming up! I also see a lot of construction starting up here in Perth.

Travel said...

With work from home, working well for so many people, I wonder what the future holds for office buildings

Andy said...

Reminds of what is going on here. They are everywhere.

RedPat said...

Construction is going crazy here too, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

We had a similar large crane collapse here in London several weeks ago. Destroyed a house and killed a woman!

Revrunner said...

Lends new meaning to the idea of working remotely. :-)

Bill said...

Won't see me up that high, it would be scary.

Janey and Co. said...

Probably easier to do construction without so many people about.

Kay said...

Yes, that's a huge crane! There was a fatal crane accident in Seattle last year -- shortcuts taken on a windy day as a crane was taken down. I know they're a great help but I'm uncomfortable driving under them.

Amy said...

People have got to be so brave going up that high, I couldn't.

William Kendall said...

There's a lot of work happening here too.