Monday, December 20, 2021

Greetings & Sightings

 

Last month I told you about attending the annual Canal Convergence celebration along the canal at the Scottsdale Waterfront.  I posted a photo of the fire here and two days later I posted a photo of a drone that I saw hovering above the canal.  I recently received a holiday greeting email from Scottsdale Arts and it looks to me like the photo they used in their greeting was taken by that drone.  I couldn't save the photo in the email so I just took an iPhone screen shot so I could show you the full view of all those fire-fountains.


Over the weekend I spotted this bumper sticker on a car in a parking lot.  It made me smile.  I could use a sticker like that for my car.  I am a self-avowed museum nerd.  































On another occasion, I parked next to this adorable little red scooter.  I've never been a fan of motorcycles but I think I might enjoy a little scooter like this.






























This last shot I snapped right off of my TV.  I took the photo to remind me to tell someone about this show that was on PBS.  It was a production by John Mauceri called "The Nutcracker & the Mouse King".  It was narrated by Alan Cumming with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra playing Tchaikovsky's famous music.  It told the three-part story that was the Nutcracker's origin.  I never knew that the original story has the young girl saving a prince, the exact opposite of all those other childhood stories like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  I have tickets to see The Nutcracker performed by the Ballet Arizona this coming Thursday.  I feel like I'll have a way better understanding of the story now.


8 comments:

RedPat said...

I would like the scooter just to sit in my place and look neat. I love Alan Cumming so would enjoy that PBS show, Sharon.

Amy said...

Cool sticker, I love museums too, my favourite is the one in Auckland.

Travel said...

I love the sticker. The Vespa looks like fun, I a haven't ridden one of those in 40 years.

William Kendall said...

I'd call myself a museum nerd.

Janey and Co. said...

Love your post. You know, I think if I lived in a smaller town I would have to have that red scooter too! We also watched that PBS special.
Have a very Merry Christmas and I will return after Christmas! Janey

Bill said...

Love the museum nerd sticker, it made me smile.

Steve Reed said...

I bet it's a treat hearing Alan Cumming narrate that story. Love the Vespa! I see them all the time in London. And how cool that you found the photo taken by the drone!

Jack said...

I saw that Alan Cumming narration on PBS, too, but it left me cold. I do love the classic Nutcracker baller and I guess I didn't need the imagined complete story.