Friday, November 19, 2021

Around Town with My iPhone

 


I have a few photos I've snapped over the past couple of weeks with my iPhone.  Above is a shot I took while sitting at a traffic light.  I've featured that "striped" building a few times before but I thought those palm trees added a nice look.


To the left are some pretty purple flowers that were blooming in the parking lot of the Phoenix Art Museum. I believe it is called Desert Ruellia.  This plant is used in a lot of commercial landscapes so they are blooming all over town right now.








I stopped in for a short browse at Z Gallerie.  It's a store that always has over-the-top decorative items.  This giant white peacock on a dining table is a perfect example.


To the right is a drone that I spotted hovering over the canal when I was watching the fire and water show I featured a couple of days ago.  I think it was taking videos of the crowds gathering for the show.












I encountered a street festival and stopped to check out the vendors.  These creative chairs were interesting.  I wonder if they sold any of them.


I love the way the late afternoon sun has been casting light through my house this time of year.  I like the way it was lighting up the butterfly hanging on my wall.

There you have it, just a few shots I didn't want to toss out.  






7 comments:

Travel said...

Nice, take lots of photos, take them everyday.

Steve Reed said...

I kind of love those chairs. I'd like to have either Marilyn or Audrey in my corner.

The purple flowers are considered invasive in Florida, where they're known as "Mexican petunias." The drone would have freaked me out!

It's funny that we both did a miscellaneous photo post today.

William Kendall said...

The flowers are a delight.

RedPat said...

The chairs are very cool, Sharon! A nice assortment of pics!

Bill said...

A nice series of photos. The first one is my favorite.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

My Iphone is my go to as it is always nearby

Gemel said...

LOVE that white peacock.