Saturday, December 18, 2021

Another Art Challenge

 

One of the challenges for my Art Challenge Club during 2014 was "Feminine".  That made me think about a photo I had taken back in 2013 of a wonderful fountain that I found in London.  


Here is the original photo.  I had the photo enlarged to 8 by 10 and the using an exacto knife, I carefully cut away the busy background of businesses.  Then I fixed it onto an 8 by 10 canvas that I had painted blue for a blue sky effect.  I thought all those feminine figures enjoying their brass fountain was perfect for the subject.  


 I love that fountain very much so this little project has place of pride on my bookshelf.  I did a post about that fountain on my Sharon's Sojourns site.  You can see it here if you are interested.


11 comments:

Andy said...

The fountain is certainly a eye catcher. I hope they turn on the hot water in the winter.

biebkriebels said...

It is a funny fountain and you made a nice piece of art with it.

Catarina said...

You did a great job, Sharon!
: )

RedPat said...

I love it and I love your collection of art too, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

We've talked about that fountain before, I think -- I know it well!

Travel said...

I will have to go looking for the fountain. If you want to know about someone, look at the books they hold dear. I have a signed copy of Hillary's it takes a village around here someplace.

Bill said...

You did excellent work, well done!

William Kendall said...

Very unusual.

Gemel said...

Very quirky.
Love your bookshelf, that too is a work of art.

Catalyst said...

Aha! Naked ladies! I was hoping it would come to this. Merry Christmas!

Jack said...

Well done, Sharon. It is a special fountain and your work enhanced it.