Friday, December 17, 2021

Project Runway

 

In 2013, one of the challenges for my Art Challenge Group was "Project Runway".  For those of you who don't know, that refers to the TV show Project Runway.  It was a clothing design contest that operated much like The Great British Baking Show with one designer having to leave each week until one wins.  For that challenge, I created a mixed media piece with a  ball gown designed from buttons.  I sorted through my button box and picked out the white and black buttons and few red ones and fixed them to the canvas.

I enjoyed this challenge very much.  I even ended up hanging this piece in my closet.  

10 comments:

Gemel said...

Very creative Sharon and it seems to have found the perfect location to be hung.

biebkriebels said...

Nice!

Travel said...

Well Done! I wonder what happened to my mother's button box?

RedPat said...

That is great fun, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

Quite a design.

Bill said...

Nice work and very creative.

Roseann said...

A very well proportioned body.

Steve Reed said...

You're the only person I know with art hanging in their closet!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Very creative!

Catalyst said...

Well you should have hung it in a much more prominent place. It's quite well done.