Thursday, December 2, 2021

Random Garden Scenes

 

My walks at the Desert Botanical Garden give my a lot of opportunities to photograph nature in its various forms.  But it also offers me some more unusual photographic opportunities.  One day when I was there, I spotted this cute dog who had some red and blue "fur" on the top of its head.  Now that is something you don't see every day.

On another day, I was there early in the morning and came along one trail where a volunteer was watering some of the desert plants.  This prickly pear cactus was so wet it looked like it was made of glass.


On another walk, I saw rows of chairs all set up for some evening music concerts. I like the look of those neat rows.  


















In the gift shop, they were getting ready for the holidays.  This year they are offering a series of ornaments with a variety of owl faces.

They are also displaying a "Christmas Saguaro" instead of the traditional tree.  

I see all kinds of things on my garden walks.

11 comments:

Gemel said...

That dog is SO adorable.

Andy said...

Well done Sharon. You always photograph the best of the best.

biebkriebels said...

Pretty photo's, maybe the dog had his birthday!

Sami said...

You've spotted some interesting things on your walks Sharon.
At first I thought the dog had a bow on his head, but when I enlarged the photo I saw he had his fur coloured :)

Travel said...

A punk-poodle,

RedPat said...

A nice assortment of interesting things, Sharon!

Bill said...

I enjoyed seeing your random photos. The poor dog doesn't look happy.

William Kendall said...

What a good doggie.

Revrunner said...

Nice thing about dogs is that they don't care. Treats and meals. Treats and meals. Well, any maybe a lot of attention in between. :-)

Catalyst said...

Why that's the famous Miniature Rainbow Poodle, isn't it?

Amy said...

awww cute little dog and I like the owl