Sunday, June 27, 2021

The New Bar

 

My friend Glenda and I went back to the Arizona Biltmore Friday night for dinner again.  It was just the two of us so we didn't have a huge spread of food like the last time.  Once again the food was delicious.  

After dinner, I walked outside to get a better picture of that new bar they built in the huge center courtyard.  You can see the water that surrounds the bar.  It's like a moat all the way around the bar.


We decided to have an after-dinner drink but it was just too hot to sit outside at the new bar.  We opted for the indoor bar which has only seen a few minor changes.  One change was the stemware.  They are now serving champagne in tulip glasses instead of the flutes.  


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting desert museum in southern Arizona.

11 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The new bar looks good Sharon, love the elegant look of the fluted champagne glasses 💙

Travel said...

Next trip

Thérèse said...

Beautiful tulip glass like a long long time ago.

RedPat said...

Very elegant, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Those wide champagne glasses always remind me of Marilyn Monroe for some reason. I think I once saw pictures of her drinking champagne from one.

Bill said...

The new bar looks very nice.

Catalyst said...

That champagne looks inviting.

Janey and Co. said...

Pretty new bar. I wonder if the water surrounding it makes it a bit cooler? Maybe not with the temps you have been having.

Gemel said...

Very swish.

William Kendall said...

Quite a setting.

Amy said...

That looks like a very posh place, hope you enjoyed it.