Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Evolution of the Pomegranate

 

When I was at the Desert Botanical Garden at the end of April, I snapped photos of the blooms on the pomegranate tree.  The tree was full of fresh blooms.

It's fascinating how the blooms fall away and a hard shell forms in their place.  

I realized that over the years, I had taken many photos of the various stages of the formation of the fruit on this tree.  I looked through my past photos and found many examples. 

So I created this example of the many stages of the pomegranate.  

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good shots! I have never had them, and they don't grow here.

Travel said...

Nice sequence, a plant few people have seen through it's life cycle.

Thérèse said...

Perfect set of pictures.
We only used the pomegranates we had in our garden for decoration. We decided once for all that it was too difficult to eat the seeds with pleasure though they contain plenty of antioxydants.

RedPat said...

I have never seen them growing!

Stefan Jansson said...

Nicely done.

Bill said...

I've never seen them before.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love them Sharon, the fruit looks like it's wearing a tiny crown 👑 My neighbour has a pomegranate tree that hangs over into my garden, it's full of fruit at the moment.

Gemel said...

Fabulous post Sharon.

Catarina said...

I love this fruit. I usually buy a case of them every November. Not last year.
Loved the photos.

Steve Reed said...

I used to get pomegranates all the time in Morocco. They're very popular there.