Sunday, April 2, 2023

Look Who's Back

 



The parking lot geese are back again.  I've seen two of them hanging around the parking lot for the past month or so but now I'm only seeing the one.  I'm guessing the female might be sitting on some eggs somewhere well hidden.

I say "well hidden" because even thought they show up every spring and hang about until the babies are born, I've never been able to figure out where the nest is.  It has to be close to where this fellow is standing guard but I've never found it.  

I need to keep my eyes open for the babies to show up.



I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm looking at some very grand homes.  

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

So funny how they show up every year!

biebkriebels said...

Yes i remember your post of last year about the gooses. Funny that the couple returns every year to have young ones.

William Kendall said...

A fine looking fellow.

Travel said...

We had ducks in our front hedge on year in Lexington, didn't notice them until the hatchlings started to run

RedPat said...

They must have a great spot for the nest, Sharon. They can be so fierce if you get too close to them so I think the parking lot is well patrolled while they are there.

Bill said...

They probably have an annual booking for the lot. :)

Catalyst said...

What a fine, and proud, looking creature!