Thursday, April 20, 2023

Culinary Adventures

 

It's the time of year here in Arizona when there are lots of activities going on.  Because we have such hot summers, events all take place from February through May.  Consequently, I've been out and about quite a lot.  I've also been dining out more than usual.  I thought I'd share some of the culinary treats I've enjoyed lately.  We start with the salad that was served at my friend's house last Sunday night.  It was too pretty not to snap a photo of it.  

When I had lunch in the garden at The Hermosa Inn a week ago, I had the Lon's Louie salad.  It was delicious and stuffed with shrimp and crab meat.  

One evening, a friend and I tried a new Asian restaurant near me.  I loved the way they served the tempura shrimp in a neat little stack.

Last Saturday night I had dinner with friends at a new restaurant downtown before we went to the Symphony.  At the beginning of the meal they brought these warm buns accompanied by that beautiful butter rose. 

And finally, here is dessert.  I recently discovered this sweet treat at my favorite pizza restaurant.  It's called "The Perfect Chocolate Cake" and I think it lives up to its name.  A dense chocolate cake mixed with a cherry compote and topped with whipped cream.  I'll be ordering that again.  

11 comments:

roentare said...

That prawn looks huge!

Andy said...

Yummy! It's not fair to tease us other bloggers. 【ツ】

Catarina said...

Culinary adventures! I love this topic! :)

Travel said...

So many wonders, walk lots, eat whatever we want.

RedPat said...

They all look like winners, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

That butter rose is beautiful. Almost as nice as the real thing.

William Kendall said...

That dessert looks to die for.

Bill said...

I love the look of the dessert, it looks delicious.

The Happy Whisk said...

The butter flower is pretty darn neat!

Amy said...

Everything looks really good, especially what looks like artichokes?

Catalyst said...

Oh. My. God.