Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A Learning Experience

 


I experienced an enjoyable learning event last Saturday at the Desert Botanical Garden.  I attended presentation on making bonsai arrangements.  A garden volunteer, Tom Katz made the presentation explaining the steps he takes along the way.  That shaggy looking plant he's working on above was the start of his demonstration.


Within 30 minutes, he had created this tall and shapely bonsai right before our eyes.  It was such an enjoyable presentation that I might even try it myself one day.

Tom's bonsai creations can be seen from time to time around the garden.  Here is one I snapped a photo of several years ago.

8 comments:

roentare said...

It is a true art form doing bonsai.

Andy said...

Brings back memories from when I used to have a collection bonsai trees. It takes a lot of tender loving care to look after them.

Travel said...

It is a beautiful art

RedPat said...

It must have been so enjoyable to watch the transformation, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

He really worked magic with that plant!

Catalyst said...

Very impressive.

Bill said...

He transformed it into a work of art, very nice.

William Kendall said...

I would be incapable of it.