Friday, April 21, 2023

I See Patterns Everywhere

 

I have a tendency to see patterns everywhere I look.  From nature to art to utilitarian objects, patterns seem to appear in front of my eyes.  Today I have a few to share.  First, the leaves of three agave plants overlapping each other.

The electrical wires that run above the light rail line.  

The patterns woven into a Native American rug.  I saw this one at the Heard Museum.

This highly unusual and I might add, useless chair.  It was part of an exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum. 

Finally, the pattern on the side of a beautiful vase.  Patterns catch my eye wherever I go.

13 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I especially love the shapes in the wiring, and the agave leaves. That chair IS very weird. I guess it's meant to make us think about useful vs. useless.

Andy said...

Nice... from now on I will be paying more attention looking for patterns.

roentare said...

Great patterns indeed

Travel said...

The useless chairs, cast a great shadow.

RedPat said...

These are great, Sharon. I really like the wires.

William Kendall said...

That is one weird chair.

Catarina said...

Very interesting! In the true sense of the word. : )

Bill said...

Fantastic patterns. The wires are great.

The Happy Whisk said...

lol on the useless chair. I was thinking that before I read your comment under. I'm thinking ... what ...? Who sits there? The cats maybe would find such a chair useful. I dunno.

Gemel said...

I really like these.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are wonderful. You have a good eye!

Catalyst said...

You have a great eye. These are wonderful!

Jenn said...

Eye catching!!