Friday, April 7, 2023

Birds, Bugs & Botanicals

 

Yesterday I mentioned that I had visited the latest exhibit at the Shemer Art Center.  The current show is called "Birds, Bugs & Botanicals" and it's all about all the things we see in the garden.  I'll show you a few of the pieces I liked.  Above is an oil painting by Barbara Clements called Cardinal on a Snowy Branch.  She's captured the regal beauty of cardinals perfectly.


This one is done in colored pencil and ink by artist Suzanne O'Malley.  It's called Victorian Garden. 


















This interesting piece is called Prom Night by Bonnie Lewis.  It's a mixed media creation on canvas.  

















I was really attracted to this last one.  It's called Other Worldly Botanicals by artist Lewis Schnellmann.  It's done in acrylic paints and it truly looks other worldly.  I think the Mars-like look is what attracted my attention.  

Another great show at the Shemer.  I do enjoy visiting that gallery.

12 comments:

roentare said...

These are some gorgeous amazing arts

Andy said...

Barbara Clements has artistic skills. At first I thought the painting was a photo. Live and learn eh?

biebkriebels said...

It is an intriguing exhibition.

biebkriebels said...

It is an intriguing

Travel said...

A good gallery or museum, feeds our mind. Great colors in the red landscape

RedPat said...

Nice ones, Sharon. I'm drawn to Prom Night.

Catarina said...

I like the last one as well.

William Kendall said...

The cardinal is my favourite.

Bill said...

I love the last one too.

Catalyst said...

I saw that there is to be a special exhibit at the Heard this weekend of Katsinas (I believe). I wonder if you'll attend that.

Gemel said...

The first is my favourite.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting works! I like the Victorian garden, but the mat is cut too close, isn't it? I feel like that works needs a little more space around the edges.