Tuesday, April 25, 2023

I Had a Plan

 

I took another early morning walk at the Desert Botanical Garden last weekend and I found this Argentinian Giant cactus just full of buds ready to open.  Since this is a night bloomer I knew they wouldn't open until after dark.  I decided that I needed to go back the next morning to see the blooms.

I'm glad I did.  I was rewarded with this beautiful sight.  There were just a few of the buds that hadn't opened yet however the majority had burst open in all their splendor.  It was well worth the second trip.  

11 comments:

Travel said...

Do the blooms last long? A neighbor in Florida had a vine that bloomed at night, and bloom dropped off before the second sunrise.

biebkriebels said...

What a sweet look those flowers.

Andy said...

You know your flowers. Thank you for returning the next day. The flowers are stunning.

RedPat said...

A plan that worked out, Sharon. Beautiful flowers.

Steve Reed said...

Excellent! Well worth the effort!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Bill said...

Beautiful blooms!

roentare said...

More beautiful desert flowers

Gemel said...

The flowers are stunning.

Amy said...

It's definitely a beauty

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!