Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Where to Walk During a Heat Wave

 

We are having more unusually hot weather here in the desert southwest and I wanted to walk so I headed to the mall.  Then I got to thinking, maybe there are some things to photograph while I walk around.  First up, the escalators at Nordstroms caught my eye.  X marks the spot!

Next I saw this bronze statue in the mall.  It has been moved to this new location.  For many years, this statue was located in the food court.

Next I saw these colorful olive oil jugs. I thought their patterns might make a nice photo.

This last one was taken in the cosmetics department of one of the stores.  It's a display for a perfume called Aqua Allegoria.  That display is so busy with plants, it's hard to see the perfume bottle.  

Mission accomplished, a nice long walk and a few pictures to go with it.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like that bronze statue.

Travel said...

Mall walking can be great fun in foul weather, and 100 degrees is foul.

RedPat said...

Always on the lookout for a pic, Sharon. You did well.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice mall views.

Steve Reed said...

I wonder if malls in warm/hot locations are doing better business-wise than malls in more temperate places? It seems like a great way to escape the heat. Did you buy some Allegoria? (Or anything else?)

Gemel said...

Love the statue.

roentare said...

Great shots indeed! In shopping malls here, I would get stopped by a security guard before I made a first click

Linda Sue said...

Great way to solve the heat issue! your mall looks so-able, ours is full of nothing, it has become a ghost. Love the first shot especially!