Sunday, August 28, 2022

Clinging to the side of the Mountain

 

On an early evening drive on the south side of Camelback Mountain, I stopped to snap some photos of some of the houses that seem to magically cling to side.  This one is quite modern with lots of glass for enjoying the views.

This one is more of a Spanish style and as you can see, it's quite large.  

These last two are totally different from each other.  One is very modern and cantilevered over the rocky terrain.  The one below it is more traditional with a tiled roof and what appears to be a long porch.  I enjoy cruising around on the mountain.  I never know what I might find.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  An Oregon farmhouse is featured.

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

What a contrast in that last.

Andy said...

Nice to see a variety of houses. Much better than cookie cutter houses we have here.

biebkriebels said...

Amazing to built there houses.

Stefan Jansson said...

Very different styles it is. That super modern one looks interesting.

Travel said...

I love the modern ones.

RedPat said...

I love the modern ones too. The 2nd modern one is amazing.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting variations in style. I much prefer the modern houses.

Mae Travels said...

The first one has more of the look of belonging with the setting, as the colors are similar and the house seems to fit into a space in the hillside. The others are more obtrusive. Nice photos!

best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

roentare said...

This is mad! What if the landslide happens? The buildings look amazing though.

Gemel said...

The first one seems to blend in the best.

Gardens at Waters East said...

I have a love of architecture so I really enjoy your posting today. Often watch home remodeling shows on TV.

Amy said...

A very unique location to have a house