Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A Trip to the Bookstore

 

With so many bookstores long gone, it's a rare treat to spend some time browsing among the books.  I took some time to do just that this last weekend.  I only know of two bookstores that are still open in the Phoenix area and both are pretty far from my house.  The closest one is Changing Hands Bookstore and that's where I spent time enjoying look and feel of a room full of books.

I came home with two new books to add to my reading list.  "End of the World House" by Adrienne Celt and "The Angel of Rome and Other Stories" by Jess Walter, both sounded like something I might enjoy.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is is place of milk and honey!

Andy said...

Count me in as book reader. I always have a book to read and it's not the digital type.

roentare said...

Yeah, it is kind of sad to see less and less bookshops around. I used to spend so much time browsing books in the stores

Travel said...

The last time checked, print books were still more than half the market, amazing with so few real bookstores

RedPat said...

I never use my e-reader anymore and have gone back to books. There are several bookstores within walking distance of me and lots of little libraries.

William Kendall said...

I have bookstores within a reasonable walking distance fortunately. I am getting to the point where I'm considering another bookshelf.

Roseann said...

There is another small bookstore in Scottsdale. The Poisoned Pen.
Is that closer to you?

Steve Reed said...

I love a good bookstore, but I must admit I almost never go in them these days. (Partly because I work in a library!)

Sharon said...

Roseann, I forgot about Poisoned Pen. That would be a bit closer I think. I'll check it out.

Gemel said...

I love a good browse in a bookshop.