Sunday, August 21, 2022

Mid-Century Architecture




This apartment building was designed by Al Beadle, a very prolific architect who most people have never heard of.  There are many Beadle designed buildings and homes in the Phoenix area.  This place is called the Triad Apartments.  Check the link.  There are more photos both inside and out.  This place was built in 1964 and it has the distinctive round bulb light fixtures.  Beadle used those round lights in almost all of his designs.  They quickly became known as Beadle Balls.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  More views of Abbey Road Farm.  

7 comments:

Gemel said...

WOW! What an amazing apartment building. Love the gardens and how it all feels very zen.

Andy said...

After check the Triad Apartments link I think we need them here also.

Travel said...

I love that style, and it works so well in a dry climate.

William Kendall said...

Very different from what I'd expect.

Steve Reed said...

I love mid-century buildings, so this appeals to me!

RedPat said...

I love it, Sharon. I have to remember his name now.

Amy said...

It's my favourite era, there are alot of retro houses in Los Angeles (different state to you I know) but they are so original.