Saturday, August 27, 2022

My Weekend Art Projects

 

I mentioned earlier this week that while I was in California, I took a couple of art classes at the Laguna Beach Art Festival. The first class I took was for glazing raku pottery.  I chose a pot from their small collection and then they taught me how to paint it with different glazes.  The before pot is to the right and at the top is how it turned out after firing.  I think I did a pretty good job with this one.







The second class I took was a painting class and this one wasn't quite as successful.  The above photo shows the finished painting.  The small painting to the side was the sample we were trying to duplicate.  The photo to the left shows how it looked before I added those white streaks.  My fish look a bit sad but I like the way the deep water turned out.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Nicely done!

biebkriebels said...

That is fun to do!

Andy said...

Very nice. You have talent Sharon.

Travel said...

Looks wonderful and the making can be so fulfilling.

RedPat said...

Such fun, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Well, to be fair, painting an aquatic scene (which you probably don't often see) would be difficult! The pot is very colorful and an interesting shape. Definitely a conversation starter!

Gemel said...

I feel that both are really good Sharon.

roentare said...

You are so talented! The ceramic looks great!

Catarina said...

You are a very talented artist!!