Saturday, August 20, 2022

Looking Forward

 

I am looking forward to cooler months ahead when I can once again get outside for long walks.  I miss my time at the Desert Botanical Garden photographing birds and plants.  I spotted this humming bird perched on a twig and all puffed up.  They are such busy little birds, it's fun to catch them when they are taking a rest.

Here is another one taking a rest between all that buzzing around the flowers and blooms.  Hopefully, there will be some cooler days in September when I can get out there again.

11 comments:

Andy said...

They are difficult birds to to photograph. Nice them to pose for you. ;-)

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice bird shots, getting a bit cooler here as well.

Gemel said...

Beautiful little hummingbird.

roentare said...

She looks gorgeous!

biebkriebels said...

Nice pictures of the birds!

RedPat said...

You were so lucky to catch her. They always seem to be so fast.

Travel said...

Hard to imagine life in the valley of the sun before A/C

Steve Reed said...

It's about time for the weather to start changing, I should think!

Linda Sue said...

Sweet little feisty hummingbirds! We have removed our feeder due to bird disease but all of the flowers are blooming , end of summer so I think they will be OK> Glad your days are cooling.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Such fun and beautiful little birds. They often try to chase me off our back patio where my wife keeps a feeder.

William Kendall said...

They are a delight to watch.