Friday, October 29, 2021

Wildlife Views From Afar

 

About once a week, I take a little desktop trip around the world and view a series of live webcams provided by EarthCam.  I can see what the weather is like in Dublin or peek at a California ocean view.  Two days ago, I happened to look at the San Diego Harbor cam and look what I saw seated right in front of the camera. 


I actually was startled to see this big heron blocking my view of the San Diego skyline.  I grabbed my iPhone and snapped a few photos while he went through his grooming ritual.  


He was certainly a handsome fellow.  He stayed there watching his surroundings while I watched him from my perfect viewing location some 550 miles away.


I watched until he finally flew off into the distance.  My little desktop trip around the world turned into an adventure in wildlife observation.  


12 comments:

Andy said...

What a surprise to see this guy posing for you. You have reminded me that I haven't checked webcams for a long time.

biebkriebels said...

Lucky you, that was a surprise look!

Revrunner said...

Too early in the morning! I first thought it was a dancer from Hawaii. :-)

Catarina said...

That was a happy moment.I will check some webcams as well.

RedPat said...

That is wonderful, Sharon! He is a media star now.

William Kendall said...

Quite a beautiful bird.

Steve Reed said...

That's hilarious! I wonder if the camera makes any sounds. Does he know it's behind him?

Travel said...

Wonder if the bird knows she is famous

Bill said...

What a wonderful surprise.

Allison said...

That is so cool! Lovely bird.

Fatyma Silva said...

Passando para conhecer seu blog, amei conhecer suas fotos
Já fiquei aqui te seguindo!
Te convido a visitar meu blog, será um prazer ter você em meu cantinho.
Um abraço e bom fim de semana.

Amy said...

wow that is one big bird, I've looked at earthcam a few times, there's a link to a pub in Ireland that's quite often entertaining.