Friday, October 1, 2021

Theme Day: Winning

 


The first of the month has rolled around once again and this month's City Daily Photo Bloggers theme is "Winning".  

I dug into my archives to come up with something to represent the theme.  Unfortunately, none of our sports teams have come up with any major wins so I had to look elsewhere.  

A couple of years ago, there was a display of cactus presented by the Central Arizona Cactus and Succulents Society at the Desert Botanical Garden.  As you can see, there were quite a lot of prize winners displaying their colorful ribbons.  

This was an organization I had never heard of before but I guess if there are society's for different flowers, there should be one for cactus too.

To see other "Winners" from around the globe, click here.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It suits the theme very well.

Travel said...

I don't think I have ever seen a cactus growing competition. They are rather slow growing,

RedPat said...

That would be an interesting competition to see, Sharon. Good one for the theme.

Bill said...

Perfect for the theme. I love cactus plants and would enjoy seeing the different ones.

Catarina said...

Winning is a good theme!

Denton said...

Yes, I can see a society celebrating cactus. Especially in Phoenix. I like the tall on on the left.

Steve Reed said...

It makes me wonder what defines a champion cactus. Why is that one in the bowl in the second picture such a prize-winner, for example?

William Kendall said...

They are photogenic.

Jim said...

A winner for sure.

Gemel said...

Some beauties there.

Small City Scenes said...

Cacti can be winners too
MB