Saturday, October 23, 2021

Another Museum and More Walking

 


I have street scenes to show you today.  Yesterday we started the day at the Frick Museum which turned out to be interesting.  I knew before we arrived that the Frick was in a temporary location while the beautiful Frick home is undergoing some serious renovations.  It was somewhat startling seeing all these gorgeous works of art in such a stark museum setting.  I'm used to seeing them inside the walls of a stately home and looking very much like they belonged there.  However, the good side of that is that I think I tended to look more strongly at the art without being distracted by the surroundings.  So there was good and bad to the current arrangement.  I don't have any photos from the Frick because photography wasn't allowed but I took some on the walk back to the hotel.  (Yes, it was another long walk.)



Along the way I admired the variety of architecture that New York has to offer.  That included the fancy Apple store I saw.  I didn't go in but as you can tell from the above photo, it is located under a big plaza and inside that glass box.

And, looking up at the different building styles is very interesting.




I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  It's a day at the beach.

7 comments:

Travel said...

We visited the Frick in August, I had never seen the collection in the other setting

RedPat said...

It looks like you are having great weather for all the walking you are doing Sharon!

Catarina said...

I can't see the first and the last picture.
Yes, in New York we walk, and walk and walk some more.

Catarina said...

I can see them now.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting. I didn't realize the Frick is being renovated.

Bill said...

New York is a great walking city. Glad you're having good weather.

William Kendall said...

A wonderful mix of architecture.