Monday, October 11, 2021

The Whole Building is a Mural

 

This is Garfield Galleria located on McDowell Road in downtown Phoenix.  The building houses thirteen art spaces that are rented by artists.  I don't know which of the artists painted the building.  I couldn't find a signature that was easily visible.  The art work really makes the building stand out.  

The artwork wraps all the way around the building.  Some of the art studios inside are open to the public during "first Friday art walks".  I need to make a point of visiting one of these days.

Taking part in Monday Murals.  


12 comments:

Andy said...

Seeing a whole building that has been painted by artists is a first for me. We need more like this.

biebkriebels said...

Well that is special indeed!

Gemel said...

Impressive.

Travel said...

A wonderful landscape, in an amazing landscape

RedPat said...

That is fabulous, Sharon!

Sami said...

Looks amazing Sharon! I like the fire like bit on the bottom right of the building.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Steve Reed said...

Looks great! I'm thinking there's still some finishing work to do, around the street number and the building name.

Bill said...

What an amazing wrap around mural, I love it.

William Kendall said...

Wow!

Catalyst said...

Stunning!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's not easy to get such lovely images from all that texture on that building. It's certainly stunning and one I would be truly impressed to see if I am ever in your area, Sharon. I especially like how it goes from day to night.

Linda said...

I love the sky blue!