Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The Birds and the Bees

 

This fellow moved his head a bit when I snapped the photo but I decided to use it anyway because it caught the bird and a bee in the same shot making for a perfect post title.


I thought I'd show you some of the happy critters I encountered on my walk last Friday at the Desert Botanical Garden.  The starling in the first photo was sitting on top of a tall cactus giving him a perfect view point.  The little rabbit posed nicely for me at the end of one of the paths.


This little antelope squirrel actually came right up to me when I sat down to enjoy a cold drink.  He soon lost interest when he realized I didn't have any food to drop his way.  


This mourning dove found a perch on a railing and he wasn't the least bit intimidated by the people passing by.  I might have been distracted by all the blooming cactus but I still had time to enjoy the wildlife too.  


14 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Wow wonderful photos!

Gemel said...

Such beautiful creatures enjoying their days. Lovely!

Andy said...

A Nature Lovers paradise.

Travel said...

Pretty, critters people wouldn't think of seeing in the desert landscape.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent series of critters Sharon, the rabbit and squirrel are so cuuuute 💙

Steve Reed said...

Such a cute rabbit. I almost never see rabbits anymore. (Of course, I'm always out with a dog, so it's just as well!)

RedPat said...

They all posed so nicely for you, Sharon! ;-)

William Kendall said...

Great critters!

Catarina said...

This a good distraction...

Revrunner said...

Must be tricky landing on a cactus, even for a starling.

Bill said...

You captured some beautiful critter photos. Well done, Sharon.

Allison said...

We have not been to La Encantada for a year - had not seen the mural. Now that we are venturing out, I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we'll even go to a restaurant (El Charro, of course), or maybe not. Beautiful photos as always, thank you for posting them.

Catalyst said...

Wonderful photographs, as always, Sharon.

Jack said...

Your bunnies have much longer ears than the ones down here in Naples.