Sunday, April 25, 2021

April Art Challenge

 

My Art Challenge group met on Friday evening in person for the first time in a year.  It was so good to see each other in person for a change.  The challenge for April was "Jewels".  I took a photo of a blue glow agave and had it printed on canvas and then I "bedazzled" it with little jewel-like tear-drops.  


My official piece was the canvas above but I also brought along this photo that I had printed on metal.  I thought the photo editing I did gave it a jewel-like look so I included it as an extra.







Here is our little group of "artists" and friends on the patio at Julie & Dave's house.  Julie was taking the photo so she's not in it.  We have our fingers crossed that the pandemic numbers continue their downward trend so we can meet in person once again next month.  The new art challenge for May is "Climate Change".

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm featuring a 'back roads' drive in Missouri.


12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is so nice to see you all together, how we have missed those meetings with others! You made some wonderful artpieces and photos!

Thérèse said...


Actually just the fact of being able to have a party with a group of people without having to wear a mask seems so wonderful!
Your artwork is like a crown for the celebration. Did you frame it?
Your second picture printed on metal! Wow! Never saw that before... I have to investigate. Is it the metal's glow which gives your picture this extra light?

Gemel said...

A beautiful photo of you all.

Travel said...

Looking forward to seeing people again, great image.

Revrunner said...

You even managed to get in the picture yourself. Good job! :-)

Bill said...

The photos and your art are outstanding and beautifully done. It must be great to see and be with other people. It's been a long time. Nice photo of you all.

Steve Reed said...

How great that you were able to get together in person! And I love your artworks!

Catarina said...

I got a little teary-eyed!!! How I miss being with my friends in person!!
Beautiful art work!!
And that patio is absolutely fabulous!! What a view!!

RedPat said...

Your pieces are wonderful, Sharon! How great to be able to get together with people! That seems like a dream.

William Kendall said...

Good that you were able to get together.

Sami said...

Love the agave picture with the jewels, so, so pretty.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love your creativity in the first shot Sharon. So nice to meet up in person like this, zoom is good but nothing beats real life 💜