Thursday, April 15, 2021

A Few Weeks Difference

 

I took this photo on February 24th on a trip to the Desert Botanical Garden.  I liked the stark look of this fig tree after it had shed its leaves for the winter.

Well, except for this one leaf that was hanging on for dear life.


I took this photo of the very same tree on April 9th when I was there again.  It's now so full of leaves that you can barely make it out from all the other green surrounding it.  What a difference just a few weeks have made.  

When I lived on the other side of town, I had a fig tree in my yard and I always marveled at how bare it looked for about a month or two during the winter. Every year I wondered if it would come back to life and it always did.

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

It just takes time and warmth for trees to get back to work.

Travel said...

Time for my morning walk, at this time of the year the view changes day by day.

RedPat said...

Little buds are starting to form on the trees here too! The leaves make for a different world out there, Sharon.

Catarina said...

I noticed it here as well. It seems the grass became greener overnight!

Steve Reed said...

Our fig tree is still bare sticks, it's been so freakin' cold here!

Chris Ferreira said...

A few weeks and a big diference. Very beautiful to observe the power of nature.
Thanks for sharing.

Chris


Inventando com a Mamãe / Instagram  / Facebook / Pinterest

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nature is amazing Sharon. I have three deciduous trees in my front garden, I love it when they lose their leaves and love them even more in spring when they start budding 🌱

Bill said...

The buds of our trees are showing themselves now. They on the fast track, it doesn't take long to grow.

Revrunner said...

Must have been Eve's. :-)

Amy said...

Fig trees grow well here too, for some reason they don't mind dry coastal conditions.

Gemel said...

And here down under I am wishing the leaves to fall.

Catalyst said...

When we lived in Phoenix a neighboring minister's wife used to bring us scads of figs from the trees in their yard. I don't think we ever knew what to do with them. Now I wish I could have them again. And another neighbor across the street used to occasionally bring us one of her DELICIOUS Sweet Potato Pies. Ah, memories.

Jack said...

There is a tree down her in Naples that looks dead all winter long, when everything else is lush. Then, right about now, it bursts into bloom. I must look up the name.