Friday, April 9, 2021

Signs of the Time

 


While I was in Tucson last weekend, I found a couple of signs to remind me of the times we live in.  This one to the left is advertising a drink called a "Quarantini".  That's one way to enjoy this time when we are all distancing ourselves from each other.















This sign was found at El Charro, that wonderful Mexican Restaurant I talked about in my post on Tuesday.  This one was reminding people that masks were required at this business and they were serious about enforcing that rule.















This last one is not really a sign.  In fact, it was an artwork that was for sale from a gift shop.  It caught my eye because it seemed to mirror all the people around who were wearing masks inside the shop.  


They were all reminders that we are living in a very unusual time.  

15 comments:

Andy said...

The Quarantin sounds refreshing.
The facemask is a must do.
Start practising social distancing.
All three are a sign of times for sure.

Susie of Arabia said...

I love all three pics in this post. The Quarantini is clever. The El Charro graphics are great. And I love the artwork of the last pic. I'm hoping to travel sometime in July if it all works out. This is the longest stretch of time I've ever spent here in Saudi, due to covid.

biebkriebels said...

Yes, Those masks..., I will be glad when that is all over...

Travel said...

How strange to photos from this past year are going to look in 20 or 30 years. I miss good Mexican food.

Catarina said...

Unusual times... and no end in sight

RedPat said...

Who would believe that we would all be wearing masks most of the time. Let us all hope for 'normal' to return soon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the restaurant sign Sharon, that's what's needed at the moment, clear rules.

Steve Reed said...

Hmmmm...blue curacao. I'm not sure about a blue cocktail! Love the mask poster with all the wrestling masks.

Revrunner said...

Quarantini! Love it! :-)

Bill said...

Got to mask up these days. It sure will be weird when we don't have to.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

These are great. I would definitely try a quarantini!

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots!

Gemel said...

Great photos Sharon.

Amy said...

I'm liking the different mask options, hopefully this appeals to people more.

Jack said...

I aj 100 percent in favor of wearing masks, even though I got my second shot nearly two months ago.