Thursday, April 22, 2021

Earth Day 2021

 

Today is Earth Day, a day we celebrate the place we call home.  I thought I'd do just that by showing a variety scenes from the great state of Arizona.  This first one is a desert scene from just north of the Phoenix city limits.

This shot was taken on hike in the wooded area around Flagstaff Arizona up in the northern part of our state.

This shot was taken east of the metropolitan area.  The mountains in the background show the formation we call "four peaks".  

This last photo was also taken on the east side of the valley, this time near the town of Apache Junction.  The jagged rock formation is part of the Superstition Mountains.

There are so many beautiful and varied places on this wonderful planet.  Here's hoping we can figure out how to take better care of our home.  It's the only one we've got.

17 comments:

Andy said...

Your photos reminded me of the one and only time I was in Phoenix Arizona. Seeing the variety firsthand boggled my mind.

biebkriebels said...

Bautiful nature overthere, never see mountains here....:(

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views, Sharon.

Travel said...

The last time I was there, I drove out to Apache Junction, in fact I stopped at an office superstore there, printed, signed and returned the final closing papers on my late father's home in Florida.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful shots for Earth Day Sharon, the last shot is spectacular 💙

Steve Reed said...

Great photos and what an amazing series of landscapes. Every time we watch a sci-fi show about space travel, I say to Dave, "But I LIKE Earth. I don't want to leave!"

RedPat said...

You have such variety of landscapes in your area, Sharon! We do need to all take care of earth.

Catarina said...

Great choice of photos, Sharon. A landscape so different to what I am used to...

Karl said...

Great photos and landscapes, Sharon!

Stefan Jansson said...

I joined it via one of my flickr groups. All photos on the Explore page reference Earth Day.

Bill said...

Beautiful views and landscapes. It looks very picturesque.

Susie of Arabia said...

I do miss the beauty and majesty of Arizona. Love the first shot of the saguaro.

Revrunner said...

A saguaro as it ought to look.

Amy said...

Love those big old cacti, wish we had them here.

Catalyst said...

We received the latest Arizona Highways in our mail today. I told Judy I always have the feeling that I'd like to go on some of those wonderful hikes they talk about. Unfortunately, those days are far in the past now for me.

Gemel said...

Beautiful.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love your photos and also your closing sentences. So true!!