Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Phoenix Home & Garden Tour

 

Last Saturday, I joined my good friends Julie and Dave to go on the Phoenix Home & Garden tour.  It's an annual event that is always a fun way to get a peek at how the one percent live. 😊 The tour was canceled last year for the obvious reason.  It was a perfect day for the tour.  We got to tour the yards of 6 different homes with some very interesting landscape plans.  I'll show some photos for each one over the next week or two.  The first one we toured was describe as "Lush High Desert".  Above is the gorgeous pool.




There were two seating areas, one with a fire pit and the other without.  Both looked inviting.


In one spot in the yard was this sculptural saguaro with lights on it.















I spied a putting green through this tree.  The tree itself was full of Solari bells that were on loan from Cosanti.

















I was particularly fond of this plant with the pretty purple blooms so I snapped a photo of it too.

14 comments:

Travel said...

How fun! Love the pool

Steve Reed said...

That's a nice pool, but that saguaro lamp is hideous. LOL

William Kendall said...

Quite a place!

RedPat said...

That is how the other half lives, Sharon! I agree with Steve about that lamp though.

Allison said...

It must be nice to be rich - I'd like a different pool, though. I look at the tile and all I can think of is mineral deposits from the hard water. The saguaro lamp is hideous! Thanks for showing us.

Revrunner said...

I'm assuming that pool water is being filtered and recycled.

Bill said...

What a great place to visit. Very cool pool.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful home Sharon, love the view through the window in the second shot and what a fabulous pool 💙

Людмила Кишкунова said...

Очень красиво! Хорошего настроения!

Karl said...

Yes, in such a place one can live well :-)

Susie of Arabia said...

What dreams are made of. Simply stunning. Love it all, especially the pool.

Amy said...

oh wow that pool at the top blew me away, it looks so cool and refreshing.

Gemel said...

Beautiful garden.

Sami said...

Nice pool, beautiful outdoor sitting areas and I like the low-maintenance garden as seen on the 4th photo.