Sunday, November 15, 2020

Time for a Long Walk

 


I went for a long walk at the Desert Botanical Garden yesterday.  I expected it to be pretty quiet but I didn't know it was a "dog day" and there were quite a lot of people walking their dogs.  However, everyone wore masks and kept their distance so it was okay.  I noticed that someone had done a little 'decorating' at one of the fountains.  It looks like someone was practicing making cairns.  


There were quite a few butterflies enjoy the plant called appropriately, butterfly mist.

It was great to be outside enjoying the fresh air, sunshine and scenery.  We had a sudden drop in temperatures about a week and a half ago.  We went from the 100's to the 50's and 60's in a matter of hours.  That was quite a shock to my system.  I've been bundled up in sweaters for a week so it was good to get out without a sweater.  We are supposed to be approaching more normal winter temps this week.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a rocky part of Arizona.

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It looks like a nice day for a walk, sunny and lots to see there.

RedPat said...

We will be bundled up in sweaters for several months to come but when spring comes and they are thrown off it feels wonderful. Glad you had a nice walk, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

It must feel great to be rid of the heat! I'd rather be too chilly than too hot, I think.

Karl said...

Lovely pics of this nice place, Sharon !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

One of your favourite things to do Sharon, thanks for sharing. The stones around the water look so perfect for balancing ✨

Revrunner said...

What a lovely place for a walk.

Bill said...

What a beautiful looking place. It looks nice and peaceful.

Thérèse said...

Such good memories with this bench. Such a nice place to sit and talk or sit be silent.

William Kendall said...

The butterfly is a pretty one.

Susie of Arabia said...

I love the cairns around the fountain - they look good. I've built them at the front of our property in Washington, but when I return, the weather has often knocked them over!