Today is Thanksgiving here in the United States and it got me to thinking about things I am personally thankful for. Given how awful the year 2020 has been, it took me a few minutes to come up with my list. So, here goes....
- I'm thankful that 2020 is coming to an end even though much of the world's problems will still be with us, there is new hope on the horizon that progress can be made.
- I'm thankful for the few brave elected or appointed officials who stood up for truth, civility and fairness while lies, acrimony and stupidity seemed to be the order of the day.
- I'm thankful that my two sisters both made it through serious health issues recently and are having a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day today.
- I'm thankful for my close friends who have found new and fun ways to stay in touch and to make this current physical isolation feel more like a moveable feast.
- I'm thankful for my blogging community. I get to take a little virtual trip around the world every day. Your photos and words always inspire me.