Monday, November 2, 2020

Butterfly Beauty

 

Weekend before last, I went to the Desert Botanical Garden and took one more stroll through the butterfly pavilion.  Visits to the pavilion are now scheduled and timed so it takes a bit of pre-planning.  I'm glad I made the effort though because the butterflies were actively enjoying all the flowers.  I got another shot of my favorite, the Malachite butterfly.


I also got rare glimpse of the underside of a Gulf Fritillary.  

They almost always sit with their wings spread wide open like this so it's kind of rare to get to see them sitting with their wings up and the underside of their wings are so pretty.  You can tell from the blur of the wing tips in my second photo that I caught this one just before it was about to spread it's wings to display the top side.


15 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful colours.

Travel said...

Wonderful colors, such detail.

RedPat said...

Seeing all of the butterflies would certainly lift the spirits, Sharon!

Sami said...

Beautiful butterflies :)

María said...

Pero qué bonitas mariposas.

Preciosas imágenes.

Besos.

Catalyst said...

Very nice and great photos, as usual.

Bill said...

Beautiful colours and patterns on those lovely butterflies.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful!

Revrunner said...

Good luck where you are tomorrow! We're pullin' for ya. :-)

Gemel said...

So precious.

Steve Reed said...

Nice! Love that malachite.

Thérèse said...

I have a weakness for butterflies.

Catarina said...

It is very rewarding when we can manage to photograph a butterfly!!

Karl said...

They are all beautiful !

Amy said...

You did well to get these close up shots.