Monday, May 18, 2020

Phoenix For Dummies


I've featured two or three different murals that have been painted on the side of the business called Just Blaze.  It's a business that happens to sell street art supplies so it seems appropriate for the outside to be adorned with murals.  This particular mural has been up there for a long time now.  I did some research and was surprised to find that it was painted by someone who goes by the name Braga Last1, an artist from Marseille France.  The theme is a little dark looking so I'm not quite sure what the message is supposed to be but I do like that "Phoenix for Dummies" book in the foreground.   I wonder if he happened to be here during one of our notoriously hot summers and that influenced this scene.  Apparently, this artist is pretty well known in France.

More murals at ColourfulWorld.

14 comments:

Andy said...

All I can think of is Barry McGuire's song "Eve Of Destruction".

biebkriebels said...

A bit creepy to look at...

William Kendall said...

I like it.

RedPat said...

It is a very dark image. Well done though, Sharon!

Steve Reed said...

Interesting! I don't know the artist. Is the skeleton holding a road-runner?

Revrunner said...

Yikes!

Bill said...

Wow, it's a bit creepy but I like it.

Mae Travels said...

I don't want to think about what the flame could do to the bird! Very creepy image!

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Klara said...

weird.

Travel said...

I wonder what the first chapter of Phoenix would be about? For DC, it would be don’t even think about driving in the city.

Sami said...

It's very well done, but a bit scary.
Thanks for participating Sharon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It is a bit surreal, but, despite the dark feel, I really like it. It's quite well done.

Jack said...

He is a good artist but too dark for my tastes.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Blimey that is dark Sharon, something to do with the way we are mistreating the planet perhaps 😱