Saturday, May 23, 2020

Holding on to Spring


My Art Challenge Club met last night via "Zoom".  The theme for this meeting was "Spring" and I selected this photo that I took back in March.  I had it printed on metal and then I also had it printed on a mug.  For the meeting, I filled the mug with roses.


Here is the actual photograph.  I took this photo at the Desert Botanical Garden right before they closed up because of the pandemic.  There is just something about this photo that grabbed me immediately after I downloaded it.

Zoom works pretty well for meetings and social events but I for one, can't wait until we can meet in person again!

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That looks very summerly!

Andy said...

Lovely... the colours and the detail caught my eye.

RedPat said...

That is gorgeous, Sharon!

Margarida Pires said...

Olá querida Sharon!
Adoro a arte de fotografar.
Que lindo jardim em flor.
Fascinante olhar!
Um doce beijinho.
Megy Maia🌈

Steve Reed said...

An excellent photo! And it works well both on metal and as a mug!

Bill said...

That is a beautiful photo and like Steve mentioned it would look great on metal. I have a couple of metal photos and I love them.

Allison said...

That is so pretty! It looks like a painting.

Revrunner said...

Well, the shades of orange just leap out at you for one, and it's beautifully composed.

Amy said...

beautiful! I think I recognize those flowers, wonder if they are a type of arctotis or gazania?

Kay said...

Gorgeous! It deserves a print and a mug. (Zoom helps allay isolation but it's no substitute for hugs from friends.)