Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Is it Temporary or Permanent?


When I was at the Scottsdale Civic Center Park last Friday, I was surprised to see one of my favorite scenes marred by chain-link fencing.  This is a side entrance to the Saguaro Hotel property and it's there to give hotel guests a short-cut to the restaurants, museums and art center located in this area.  I've always liked the look of this entrance.  In fact I first photographed it back in 2012 when the hotel operated under different ownership.


Here's a photo I took in February of 2013.


And here is another that I took in October of 2015.  I did some searching to see what has happened to this hotel and the only thing I could find was that it was temporarily closed and due to open again in June.  I've seen several hotels that have been closed during this pandemic, but this is the only one that has been surrounded by fencing.  It makes me wonder if the hotel will survive.


11 comments:

Andy said...

Put the blame on Covid-19. Same thing happening here to prevent gatherings of large crowds.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Let's hope it's just a temporary situation Sharon, perhaps they are taking advantage of the closure to do some renovations, fingers crossed ✨

Catarina said...

Time will tell...

RedPat said...

Hopefully it is just for security during these times, Sharon!

Sami said...

It looks like a nice entrance, hopefully the hotel will reopen in a couple of weeks.

Revrunner said...

Probably had to cut back on the staff that looked after the place.

Steve Reed said...

How strange. I suspect it's just security fencing and when they reopen (assuming they do) it will come down.

Bill said...

I imagine it is just for security and eventually will be removed when the time is right.

Kay said...

It's hard to guess what's going on with anything. We're reluctantly staying a couple of nights in Seattle later this month (medical appointments). I was relieved to find that the usual place where we stay is open.

Catalyst said...

Sad to see it like that. Long may it survive and live on.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully it won't be long.