Saturday, May 9, 2020

Another Flyover


There was another flyover tribute yesterday morning, this time with historic WWII aircraft.  It was to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day and to salute the enduring spirit of Arizonans throughout history.  It was conducted by The Commemorative Air Force.  My first shot only caught two of the three planes.


It was a pretty good shot so I decided to crop the photo to isolate both planes.  This one is a B-17 Flying Fortress.


This one is a B-25 Mitchell Bomber.


The third one (top) is a C-47 Sky Train.  All of these planes flew in WWII.

It was a quick pass over but fun to see nonetheless.  

7 comments:

Andy said...

Nice photos. Lest we forget.

RedPat said...

I missed the flyover that took place here yesterday.

Bill said...

Beautiful capture, Sharon.

Revrunner said...

I call the C-47 the Gooney Bird and I actually flew in one years and years ago.

Kay said...

You got some good shots. And these planes are clearly well cared for. They gleam!

William Kendall said...

Amazing planes.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I find flyovers on memorial days so moving Sharon, super shots here 💙