Friday, May 15, 2020

Collection of Public Art


While looking through my stash of photos from the town of Fountain Hills, I discovered that I had a few photos of some of the public art that is located all around the complex of municipal buildings.

Above is a humorous sculpture taking the shape of a bench.  It's called "Need a Lift" by Randy Hand.

To the left is a Doug Hyde sculpture called "Santa Clara Wedding Vase Gift".













This sweet sculpture is called "Good News" and it was created by George Lundeen.

































And, here's my favorite sculpture.  It's called "Precious Cargo" by sculptor Jason Napier.

The town has quite a collection of beautiful art surrounding it's government and public buildings.

15 comments:

Andy said...

Oh my... what a interesting collection sculptures. Each piece is unique in it's own way.

biebkriebels said...

I like them al, they are beautiful. The first one made me smile, very funny!

RedPat said...

It would be hard to pick a favorite but I did enjoy the first one a lot, Sharon!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh aren't they fabulous Sharon.. the first made me smile, I would looooove that in my garden 😊 the cat carrying it's kitten is beautifully sculpted ✨

Revrunner said...

The bench isn't only fun, it's functional.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Now that is what I call art and the first one is very useful art

Karl said...

These sculptures are all wonderful, the first one is very fun too !

Mersad said...

Wonderful sculptures. Love the sunny shots too.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Steve Reed said...

Love the panther (or cougar or whatever) and the newsboy and the Indian woman. I'm not so sure about the bench! I think I'd feel self-conscious sitting on it...

Bill said...

What a wonderful series of sculptures, I like them all. The first one is funny.

Gemel said...

That bench had me laughing out loud. It is fab!

But my favourite it the last one.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful sculptures. I think the cougar is my favorite also.

Kay said...

Each piece is wonderful in its own way. The bench is a crackup. What a nice selection of public art!

Sami said...

Beautiful sculptures.

William Kendall said...

Precious cargo is wonderful.