Sunday, May 3, 2020

Jacaranda's are Blooming


Scottsdale Fashion Square shopping center might be closed but, at least I got to see this jacaranda tree in full bloom.  I was hoping they had the mall doors open so I could walk there but no such luck.  However, seeing these beautiful blooms reminded me that I should take a drive downtown to see if the trees on Central Avenue were blooming too.


And...they were!  Jacarandas are not the only tree that's blooming right now.  Next week I'll show you another annual favorite.


I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a project in urban living that has been developing for 50 years.

14 comments:

Karl said...

Beautiful blossoms, I'm sure they smell good too.
Have a nice Sunday, Sharon !

Steve Reed said...

One of my favorite trees!

biebkriebels said...

Love that tree, we don't see them here.

Andy said...

Lovely sight. Nature does it best.

Travel said...

Wonderful blooms, in a very pretty place.

RedPat said...

Gorgeous! We don't have them here.

Regina said...

When we lived in California, there several of these trees on our street. They are beautiful but oh what a mess on the cars that parked under them!

Revrunner said...

There's some wisteria growing next to a library near me, but I've not been able to figure out how to get a good photo out of it.

Bill said...

All the blossoms are goregous. Nature showing us her beauty.

Catalyst said...

Gorgeous. I had forgotten tghem.

Bob Crowe said...

We hear it's beastly hot out your way already. It's a wonder any flowers can survive. People need all our technology to do it. But then we met someone a couple of days ago who grew up in Labrador. They just dealt with it.

Kay said...

They are such beautiful flowers! They grew well in California. I don't know if I've seen any in Washington state.

William Kendall said...

Lovely!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The jacarandas are glorious Sharon, especially en masse like this. It'll be six months before ours bloom again 🌼