Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Two Artistic Holiday Trees

 


While I was in Scottsdale last weekend, I stopped at AZ 88 to see how they have decorated for the holiday season.  They always have something unique to showcase the season.  

This is the 2023 holiday tree.  I was surprised that it was taking up so much space inside the restaurant.  They could get at least four more tables in the space that large tree was taking up.













The frame of the tree is made of plywood with flat areas where what appears to be ceramic mushroom gardens sit.  There was also a LED light shining on it but since I was there in the daytime, it's hard to see that.

It's quite unusual which you might say is normal for AZ 88. 













I'm adding a photo I took earlier in the month at AZ 88's sister restaurant in downtown Phoenix, Hanny's.

That restaurant also creates unusual holiday decorations.  This one is made of acrylic rods beautifully stacked to shape the tree.  It's lighted from inside with series of colors undulating through it.

9 comments:

roentare said...

I love the 3nd one the best. sleek

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, very unusual.

Travel said...

I am wondering if the artist was eating the little mushrooms that grow in cow pastures, very unusual.

RedPat said...

I like the 2nd tree best, Sharon. The 1st one doesn't seem very festive at all to me.

Lucinalva said...

Olá, Sharon
Lindas árvores, passando aqui para conhecer o seu blog, um forte abraço.

Bill said...

The last one is my favourite.

Steve Reed said...

I love the mushroom tree. What an interesting idea.

Catarina said...

These decorations are very different to what I am used to. But I like them.

William Kendall said...

Very creative.