Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Gifts for the Wine Connoisseur

 

I stopped at my favorite wine store last weekend and I noticed they had a very nice holiday display of wines for sale.  Then I noticed the prices.  Can you imagine paying $2500.00 for a bottle of wine?  I can't.

I do enjoy a nice bottle of wine or champagne but honestly, I don't think I could enjoy sipping one of these knowing just how much they cost.  I know I can tell a good wine from a bad wine but I don't think I could tell the difference between a $70 bottle and a $2500 bottle.  I'll leave that job to the true connoisseurs.  They have more money than I do anyway.  

12 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I pretty nuch gave up on drinking/enjoying anything with alcohol a few years ago, so I hace probably saved a lot of money but not enough to buy that one!

roentare said...

Very expensive looking price tags there

biebkriebels said...

Those are exhorbitand prices there...

Travel said...

I have a couple of bottles of bourbon, that I am too stingy to open.

RedPat said...

My knowledge and appreciation of wine is not very extensive so these would be wasted on me, Sharon. Amazing prices.

Bill said...

Those are prices for the high rollers.

Amy said...

I don't drink hardly at all but I think B would appreciate this one, I will show him

William Kendall said...

I've seen liquor bottles getting priced up like that.

Catalyst said...

Food prices are heading in that direction. Maybe not that high but . . .

Steve Reed said...

Yeah, I can tell a good wine from a bad wine -- but I'm ALMOST as happy with a bad wine, so I'll stick with that!

Catarina said...

That's a fortune!! : )

Cloudia said...

Like you, I'm fortunate to not be able to tell the difference between wine I like and wine that is worth a fortune. Lucky us! Aloh