Sunday, December 31, 2023

My Favorite Event of 2023

 

I thought I'd end the year with scenes from my favorite event of 2023.  That of course, was my trip to London last October.  It was my first trip out of the country since we were all locked up by the pandemic.

London is my favorite city to travel to and it didn't disappoint. The weather turned out to be nice, not too frigid for my sun-drenched bones and less rain than predicted.  In fact, as you can see from these photos, there were days of glorious sunshine.  


I'm already planning another trip!

I decided to activate my Sharon's Sojourns blog once again.  I paused it at the end of April because I felt like I had started repeating things.  It had just been too long since I had traveled anywhere distant.  I've decided to post a series from my recent trip to London and tell a few stories about the places I visited and the things I did.  If you are interested, stop by.  It will be a sort of diary of places I visited with a spattering of bits of the history I've learned.  There is so very much history to explore in the great city of London.  My first post is up and it's about why I chose the hotel where I stayed on this trip.  You might say, the place was calling to me.  


10 comments:

roentare said...

The trip to London is certainly an eye opener

Diaday said...

Your trip to London is a fabulous favorite event!

Travel said...

Another great year to come, and London is always calling.

RedPat said...

These sunny shots are great, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Great to see more shots from your trip! I'd forgotten how sunny it was then -- certainly different from the way it is now. :/

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing these. Wishing you a wonderful year ahead. With aloha

RedPat said...

I knew that you would like that coat too, Sharon. ;-)

Catarina said...

It is a great city!
Happy New Year, Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Splendid views!

Jack said...

London with sunshine? Pretty lucky!