Sunday, December 10, 2023

A Surprise Bloom

 


I took a walk at the Desert Botanical Garden and was totally surprised see a red torch cactus with a bloom on it.  This cactus usually blooms in the spring so this is quite unexpected.  But, very welcome.  

I wonder if this cactus was inspired by all the holiday decorations at the garden.  












There were more than the usual decorations all around the garden when I was there so that means, I'll have lots of holiday photos to share in the days to come.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is unusual indeed to get flowers in winter.

Diaday said...

Looking forward to your upcoming holiday photos!

Travel said...

I hope the early bloomer is protected when the winter cold arrives.

RedPat said...

A gift from that cactus, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

A burst of holiday color!

Catarina said...

Beautiful bloom!!

Amy said...

Beautiful. I have the same one growing in a pot.

Bill said...

Our Christmas cacti already are blooming.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!