Thursday, December 28, 2023

Short Walk, Quick Focus

 

I went for a walk at the Desert Botanical Garden and it turned out to be a very short walk.  The garden was simply too busy.  I did manage to get two wildlife photos which I assure you was not easy.  The wildlife seem to stay well hidden when there are so many people about.  I spotted this rabbit some distance away and used the telephoto to zoom in on him.  I clicked off three shots when a woman behind me yelled loudly "oh look over here, a rabbit".  The rabbit immediately turned an ran.  I am always surprised when I encounter people who don't seem to realize that watching animals in the wild requires silence and patience.  

The cascalote tree that shades a spot where I like to sit is in full bloom right now.  I snapped a couple of photos of the blooms when I saw the tiny little verdin feeding on flowers.  Verdin are so quick, I rarely get a decent photo.  This one isn't too bad even though the bird is facing away.

Here is another shot of the blooms.  I didn't know I captured a bee in this shot until it was downloaded.  Do bees count as wildlife?  If so, then maybe I got three wildlife shots.

12 comments:

roentare said...

The rabbit looks so innocent!

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice photo of the rabbit.

biebkriebels said...

Sweet ears, he can hear you!

Travel said...

Living in the wild, is wildlife. Things will quiet down in a week when school and work resumes.

Diaday said...

I love photographing flowers and then finding those unexpected joys when you look at the pictures closely.

RedPat said...

Love the rabbit pic, Sharon. He certainly would hear everything around him.

Bill said...

Great capture of the rabbit.

Steve Reed said...

Bees count! The rabbit photo turned out especially well. I think some people forget that animals can hear. (Quite well, in fact!)

Amy said...

I'm more amazed at the amount of people who think wild animals should come up to them and be tame. Don't see many rabbits here though except as pets.

Gemel said...

I agree with you Sharon, why people need to yell when they see an animal in the wild is super annoying and distressing to the creature.
Great photos by the way.

Allison said...

Great picture of the rabbit. They have such magnificent ears. All of your photos are great, especially the clouds reflected on the building.

William Kendall said...

Very cute rabbit!