Friday, November 18, 2022

White Gates

 

This is a historic home called White Gates designed by architect Al Beadle.  Beadle, who won an award for this home, was a well known architect in the Phoenix area.  His mid-century modern designs can be found in a variety of locations around town.  I featured some apartments he designed back in August here



The unfortunate thing is that this house has been sitting vacant for many years now.  I understand that the current owner would sell it if he could find someone willing to do the restoration work.  It sits on prime real estate in a neighborhood with multi-million dollar homes.  It has come very close to being demolished several times before.  There is a history and more photos on this site.  


9 comments:

Andy said...

Stuck in the middle again.

William Kendall said...

Very different.

Travel said...

I love that one, and I am surprised it is still sitting empty. If I won the PowerBall,

RedPat said...

It is wonderful. I remember your previous post and I had gone through a bunch of links about Beadle. I hope someone saves it.

Catalyst said...

He could have used a landscaper.

Bill said...

Very unique and different.

Gemel said...

It doesn't really fit in with the landscape. Maybe that is part of the issue?

roentare said...

It looks like a beehive

Amy said...

I really like these type of designs, they are kind of like MCM.