Saturday, November 5, 2022

Attracting my Attention

 

The robins are back at my place again.  I was photographing them when a neighbor stopped to tell me that he enjoys seeing the robins too.  He told me that someone told him that their diet is a little different than it is in the midwest and that's what causes their breast feathers to not be quite as red as they are back east.  I don't know if that's true but I suppose it's possible.  

While I was photographing the robins, I began to hear a tapping sound coming from close by.  It took me a while to find this Gila Woodpecker but I finally spotted him pecking away on the side of a palm tree.  The birds were vying for my attention on this day.  

9 comments:

Andy said...

Lucky you Sharon. You photographed two of the best. ~(‾▿‾)~

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful photo's!

Travel said...

Looking for birds is as much about hearing as seeing

RedPat said...

There are still some robins here and I think these are the ones who will stay for the winter although the temps here this week have been like spring.

William Kendall said...

Lovely birds!

Steve Reed said...

Maybe the robins are evolving into a southwestern subspecies. I think that happens with some regional bird populations -- they begin to look just a little different and more in tune with the local environment. Evolution happens fairly quickly!

Bill said...

Beautiful birds!

roentare said...

I love robins too. Hard to spot one.

Gemel said...

Stunning captures Sharon.