Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Odds and Ends

 

All kinds of things catch my eye and since I'm carrying around a camera on my iPhone, I snap a lot of photos.  Many of them get deleted but some hang around ready to be used in some way. Here is a few from the last three weeks.  Above is a row of green chairs sitting outside a restaurant.  


I spotted these new bike racks in a pedestrian area near the art museum.  It's designed to use the abbreviation for Phoenix, PHX to form the rack.


While I was admiring the bike rack, I turned to see the late afternoon sun making shadows on the side of the art museum.  


I also saw a display of one of the self-driving cars that are now being tested on the streets of Phoenix.  The company is called Waymo and they are starting to take passengers on test drives.  There will be a driver on board during this test period.


These last two shots are just for fun.  I recently bought a pair of shoes at Nordstroms but they didn't have my size in stock so they mailed a pair to me.  When I opened the package, I found two shoes in different patterns.  Needless to say, I returned them and finally got the ones I wanted.























I snapped this last shot so I could text it to a friend.  In 1991, I traveled to Paris with a friend and while we were there, we took a train to the site of the Paris Disneyland that was under construction at that time. The theme park was going to be called Euro Disney back then.  I bought this sweatshirt as a souvenir and I still wear it today.  It's over 40 years old and still looking like new.

8 comments:

roentare said...

That self-driving car looks quite odd but interesting

Andy said...

Thanks for the tour Sharon. The shoes gave me a good laugh.

William Kendall said...

That late day light is quite a sight.

Travel said...

I would ride in the self driving car. I wish I could fit into the London Hard Rock Cafe sweatshirt from 1990, my first cross-pond adventure.

RedPat said...

love the palm tree shadow shot and those shoes, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

The shoes are funny. Love the shadows and the green chairs. I have a sweatshirt I bought at the United Nations HQ back in 1995, and I thought THAT was impressive -- but yours is even older!

Bill said...

Great catch on the late adternoon light shadow of the trees. I laughed when you got two different shoes. Great variety of photos, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

A nice collection.