Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Dia de los Muertos

 


The Desert Botanical Garden went all out for this year's Day of the Dead celebration.  They had decorations, food, entertainment and vendors situated all over the garden.

I loved the giant arch they created at the garden's entrance and I had to get a photo of the wonderful greeters.  













There were beautiful costumes, decorative face painting and flowers and music everywhere.  I went Sunday afternoon and enjoyed seeing how everyone was in a festive mood.

I decided that I needed a floral headdress so I would blend right in with the crowds of people.


11 comments:

roentare said...

They look fabylous!

Andy said...

Looks like I missed another fun day.
I love the colours and the the sharpness of you photos.

Travel said...

The arch is a lot of flowers, I intend to see the gardens in January, I need to book travel for that trip.

RedPat said...

Love your headdress, Sharon. Everyone looks so happy.

Steve Reed said...

Love your headdress! The costumes are fantastic. Is there a significance to the color orange? The arch reminds me of orange marigolds I saw used in Hindu celebrations in India.

Catalyst said...

Love seeing you in your great headdress. I put a link to your blog in my post today.

Bill said...

Your headdress is awesome and looks great. The costumes are very vibrant and colourful, looks like everyone happy.

William Kendall said...

Quite an arch.

Amy said...

They look wonderful, I love their costumes

Gemel said...

What fun!

Stefan Jansson said...

Fun portraits.