Tuesday, September 27, 2022

What's Blooming

 

When I was at the garden a week ago, I took note of everything that was blooming.  That included my favorite plant, the Desert Rose.  This one has bright pink blooms.

Another desert rose plant produced paler pink blooms.

The Passion flowers were a big surprise.  These exotic blooms are rare to see at the garden.

Another favorite of mine is the guayacan shrub with its tiny purple flowers.  This one was very popular with the bees. There were hundreds of bees enjoying this plant when I was there.  You can see one of them at the top center of this photo.

It's always nice to see the datura bloom.  They are such beautiful and big blooms. It might still be hot here but it seems many plants don't seem to mind. 

10 comments:

Sami said...

Pretty flowers. We have passionfruit in our garden, the flowers are quite exquisite :)

roentare said...

Beautiful flowers on display. Autumn on your end I assume. They look like spring flowers to me

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful flowers you had found there.

Andy said...

Sharon your closeups are fantastic. The Passion flower is my favourite.

Steve Reed said...

I love that little fly (?) on the stamen of the datura. Nice detail. The desert roses are nice too. Our passionflowers didn't bloom at all this year.

Linda Sue said...

The Passion flower is so comically complex, the datura , so graceful and lovely, like a dress for a special occasion. Nice day in the garden!

William Kendall said...

Those are lovely.

RedPat said...

I agree with you that the desert roses are beautiful, Sharon.

Gemel said...

Blooming lovely!

Amy said...

some very nice colours in there, the passfruit vines will be starting to have buds here soon.